Thursday, April 23, 2009

A 'THANK YOU' ADDENDUM

This is a tale of appreciation ..

In bringing you all up to date on the escapades of Jen & Jason's visit to Miami, I neglected to tell you of an episode that could have been a VERY sad day ...

We were all traipsing along in the hot sand at the beach; wading knee-deep in the surf; then putting our shoes back on to "pound the pavement" along the boulevard of South Beach establishments. We had stopped at an outdoor eatery to grab a bite to eat and try the huge tropical drinks being touted ...

After we had ordered and the menus collected, I reached for my napkin and noticed the diamond was missing from my engagement ring. I was devastated!!! ... all the places we had been - I figured there was no way it would ever be found - I was on the verge of tears.

Everyone was concerned and said we should at least look around the table. We moved glasses, silverware, napkins - nothing. I decided it was too daunting a task to retrace our steps; but, Jen insisted we at least search the immediate area since I had just moticed it being gone. Jen pushed back her chair and started looking all over the floor... After a few seconds, Jen said, "Here it is!"
Absolutely unbelievable!! That little diamond & she found it. Jason carefully wrapped it in a linen napkin & stored it in a zipper pocket in my bag.

To Jen, I will be forever grateful - for her caring concern, for her perseverance AND for her spectacular eyesight! "Thank you," Jen - your succesful "search & find" revived my saddened heart ...

After a very delicious lunch and spirits lightened by those mammouth fruit drinks, we wandered off to other vistas - I, at least, felt like we were walking on air!!

Marma

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog mom. Makes me feel as though I was right there with you all.

    ReplyDelete