Friday, April 10, 2009

JEN ANN & SAVING GRACE

This is an addendum to my "Last Hurrah" posting. I absolutely do not know how I neglected to tell you about this "happening." It occurred during our Sunday outing at the beach ... you, know, when we were walkng in the sand, strolling ankle-deep in the surf, then ambling over to see the Versaci mansion and visit a few shops. Have told you all about our luncheon and our gigantic drinks!! ... and this is what I DIDN'T tell you ...


We had just ordered drinks and were perusing the menus when I folded mine and said I had selected my entree (or whatever). I looked down and noticed the diamond was missing from my engagement ring!! Needless to say, I was very disheartened. All the places we had been - even strolling in the sand - I could see no possible solution - wouldn't even know where to begin to look. Jen said, "Let's just look around here. You just noticed it; maybe it caught on something." We searched around the table top; pushed glasses around, shook napkins... Jen pushed her chair back and started looking round the floor. "Here it is!!" We all couldn't believe it... In her hand was this cute, little "sparkler", kind of chipped & forlorn; but I was so happy!! Jason wrapped it in a linen napkin; tucked it in a zippered pocket in my bag; and I began wondering how to get the empty ring off my finger.


I never take my rings off. The empty setting was very rough. It not only caught on everything, it, but it hurt when I touched my hands or face. Just turned it over toward my palm for awhile and started working on it next day. Tried cold water and soap - wouldn't move over my knuckle. Waited a day, and Jason said to try Vaseline. Cold water & Vaseline - that did it!! Finger was a little sore; but we wrapped the ring up, put it with the diamond, and will see if it's worth repairing. The ring is rather fragile from wear - I think a prong had worn off and the diamond was loose in its setting...


So-o-o, that's the story...Jen and her soothing persistence...I will be forever grateful...she is so caring and the gentlemen with us were extremely concerned...they kept telling me to be careful with the retrieved gem and they all checked again as soon as we got home. What could have been a "downer" to a great day was averted. Needless to say, we accepted that "buy one, get one" offer on the drinks!!



Gratefully,


Marma

No comments:

Post a Comment