Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just reading, 'riting and resting!!

Hello, again!!


Adjustng to the Fla life - they are an hour ahead of Chg time, so I wake up earlier but have absolutely NO trouble going back to sleep. Paul leaves really early (around 4:30 or 5:00 am) and doesn't get home 'til 6:30 or 7:00 pm. He's a workaholic... Larry has been doing some Doral auditing on personnel sheets for Paul (at home), so Molsen and Copper and I try to stay out of his way. (As if we could distract him) He's working on the patio, but we had to go to the Mall to get leashes for the yard because every time we opened the door, the doggies wanted to chase birds. (I refrained from that so I don't need restraints.)


Yesterday evening was quite exciting, but disturbing. We heard lots of sirens and horns and figured there must have been an accident nearby. About 5 or 10 min. later - more of the same. Then a helicopter came right over the house, very low, and Larry & I went outside just in time to see the copter land in the park field next to the house (approximately half a block away). Ambulances, fire trucks, emer.vehicles all lined up and we waited. They brought someone from the wreckage (on the free-way), put them in the helicopter and airlifted away. Didn't see anything on the news - no "updates" like in Chg Perchance that isn't news here, or no one is interested. News is just things like cloned puppies, woman having octuplets, new restaurant openings (THAT is news - it's usually closings) Feel free to let me in on any happenings in your vicinity. Superbowl Sunday is coming up!! Who knows - we may joourney to Tampa just to be in on the action - partying, not football!!


'Til next time then. carry on!









2 comments:

  1. mamaw!!!!! I just set up my account today! I was actually thinking about not setting one up because every time I would read this and look at the pictures I would sign off and get all depressed at sad :-( I just want the warmth already! We almost had a snow day at school yesterday (wednesday) because it snowed non-stop all day. Stupid Charleston, IL. Anyways, it looks like you're having an amazing time. Please come home with a tattoo and take lots of pictures with famous people. Much love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe EmBem had "anyways" in her comment...that's my comment!

    ReplyDelete